If you are feeling tired or have got sore toes and want to fix them up, you should definitely visit a salon to get a pedicure. Here are a few tips to get the perfect pedicure to help your feet look and feel their best.
Perfect Pedicure In 5 Easy Steps
1. First off, you need to prepare your feet for your pedicure. This means cleaning them and removing any old nail polish with a nail polish remover. Once you visit any salon, the nail technician or pedicurist will help you to get started with this.
2. Once your feet are clean and all the polish has been removed, pedicurist at your salon will clip your nails and round the sides a bit using a file. N.Y.C. manicurist Pattie Yankee advises that nails should be clipped in such a way that they’re slightly less than a quarter-inch long.
3. Now comes the time to wipe nails with cotton pads (soaked in alcohol) to ensure that your base binds well. After this, comes the part of applying a ridge-filling version and following it up by applying the first coat of color.
Make sure, you tell your pedicurist which shade you want to apply, or else you may have to repeat the whole process of getting the perfect pedicure.
4. After you’ve polished each foot, allow it to dry. If you’re in a hurry, you may use a blow-dryer and aim a soft stream of cool air over your toes, or you may apply a quick dry topcoat on every nail. Choice is yours, but don’t forget to tell this to your pedicurist.
5. Now simply soak your feet in a relaxing bath made of water and essential oils and perfumes. Your pedicurist will suggest you the best combination to enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating pedicure.
TIP: While you have your feet in the pedicure bowl, you may want to tell your pedicurist to exfoliate your heels and balls of feet with the help of a pumice stone.